Penrith RSL Club takes great pride in being able to continue its ongoing support of the Penrith Community with the donation of $255,825 towards local sporting groups, charities, and community based projects. Between September 1st 2012 and August 31st 2013, Penrith RSL has provided funding to assist recipients with health, wellbeing, social engagement, education and development.
It is through the ClubGRANTS Program that allows us to support such a large and diverse group of people in our community, and to have the opportunity to make such a difference to those in need. As part of this contribution, $106,069 in grants, consisting of cash and in kind support, was
presented to recipients at the Club’s Annual Club Grants Morning Tea.
Hosted by the Chairman of Penrith RSL, Mr. Neville Barnier, each recipient was recognised for their dedication and hard work with their chosen charity or community group, before being presented with cheques of support. Each recipient spoke about how these funds would assist those in need and how
our support changes the lives of so many. It is the commitment of the recipients to create a better life experience for others that makes Penrith RSL so proud to be able to support such wonderful people and activities in the community.
Club Grants recipients for 2013 include,
- The National Servicemen’s Association of Australia Penrith City sub – Branch, will utilise their funds for bus trips and social outings for members.
- 21 Army Cadet Unit – will utilise their funds for training aides and activities for kids in need.
- Australian Foundation for Disability is purchasing a Smart Board for clients to utilise.
- City of Penrith RSL Sub-Branch Medals & Memorabilia Committee is responsible for the maintenance of the War Memorial Display, including upgrades, cabinetry, and the purchases of new items.
- War Widows Guild of Australia NSW Ltd will provide four bus trips per year for members and transportation for members to attend meetings and commitments.
- Sailability NSW Inc. Penrith Lakes Branch grant will contribute towards the boat shed hire costs for the year.
- 323 Squadron Australian Air Force Cadets will provide field store content such as backpacks and Cadet kits.
- Police and Community Youth Clubs NSW will purchase new equipment for ‘Burn Rubber Burn’ in particular, the purchase of a new bike offering passive and active functionality.
- Camp Quality Limited will provide assistance to families with sick children in the Penrith area to attend a weekend away.
- The Rotary Club of Nepean will provide developmental programs for young people.
The remainder of the total contribution from Penrith RSL, $149,756 in grants consisting of cash and in kind support was distributed throughout the year to the following charities and local community groups. These include:
- ANZAC Day Commemorations
- Learning Links
- The Kokoda Youth Leadership Challenge
- Emu Heights Public School
- Parkinsons NSW
- The Australian Defence Force Assistance Trust
- Werrington County Bush Babies Playgroup
- St Nicholas of Myra Parent Group
- Blue Mountains Cancer Help
- York Public School
- Nepean Valley Trefoil Guild
- NAIDOC Program
- The Weekend to End Women’s Cancer
- Werrington County Public School
- Westside Society Fundraising Committee
- Cranebrook High School
- Ellen Haskett
- Penrith Tax Social & Sporting Group
- Penrith RSL’s 15 Intra Clubs – Fishing, Snooker, Travel , Bowls, Dance, Hockey, Junior Cricket, Senior Cricket, Soccer, Netball, Swimming, Golf, Darts, Chess and Photographic Clubs.